No one does all black as well as @pepamack Have you ever wondered is there a secret to keeping your black jeans black? Or is it even possible to get #30wears out of your favourite pair before the colour fades and they lose that perfect inky black saturated look?
I think if cared for correctly it is possible:
Below, are my best tips for how to keep your black jeans black.
1. Denim is a durable fabric so firstly try and minimise the number of washes.
2. Turn them inside out before washing, this minimises the direct contact with the soap.
3. Only wash your black jeans with other black clothes (not towels), mixing with other colours fade each other out.
4. Choose a cold delicate wash,this will reduce bleeding. The cold water helps keep the fibers in black fabrics from losing their colour.
5. Use a detergent specifically made for dark colours. E.g Woolite for Darks, these have an active ingredient that acts as a dye magnet. Which is good for keeping colour but you might find it too mild for removing heavy duty stains.
6. Don’t free flow the detergent, measure it correctly. Detergent doesn’t dissolve well in cold water and can leave streaks.
6. Hang dry your denim. Never use a dryer or place them directly on a radiator. This can affect both the denim and the colour.
There are also suggestions about adding a cup of vinegar or a tablespoon of salt to every wash but I can’t say I noticed any benefits when I tried it. If you have any tips or tricks to keeping your black jeans black I would love to hear them.
I hope you found this helpful!
Picture by @pepamack instagram