5 reasons why you should own a Denim Jacket
- It is a wardrobe essential. I recommend that all my clients own a denim jacket - there are so many different styles and shapes to suit every age group.
- It's a timeless piece - I honestly think I have a had a denim jacket in my wardrobe since I was 5!
- It's trans-seasonal - a denim jacket can be worn in winter for layering over a hoodie or in the summer over your favourite maxi.
- It works with so many different looks - the list is endless, I love styling mine with summer dresses or all-white!
- Your choice is infinit - practically every label and high street store does their own take on it.
5 Tips for buying a Denim Jacket
- Choose a colour that works well on you - for the paler complexions like my own I wouldn't receommend going too light with the denim.
- Personally I would avoid going too trendy i.e ripped, sequences, pearls, patchwork etc.
- Choose a style that suits your shape - the more authentic style is my favourite but it's all about trying out what works best with your shape and style.
- Go up one size so you leave enough room for layering knits or hoodies during the winter.
- Make it your own - roll up the sleeves, wear the collar slightly up, leave the top and bottom undone!
Outfit Details (Top) - Denim Jacket - Maje, White T Shirt - Cos, Skirt - Topshop
Outfit Details (Left) - Denim Jacket - Maje, Yellow Dress - Maje, Sandals - Carvela