Happy St Patrick Day! For the week that's in it I wanted to include a little bit of green in my look, so I was delighted when I came across these culottes in Cos.
I know they are not everybody's cup of tea, but I love culottes! They are really on trend at the moment, so most of the high-street shops have a good selection to choose from. I think they can be pretty versatile if you get the right pair to suit your shape. I bought these culottes in Cos for €79 - they are part of their new collection so they were only available in their Flagship store in Dublin. I love the colour (coincidentally perfect for St Patricks day!). I also love the structured shape - I think some of the more flowy shapes look more like a midi-skirt than culottes. The only drawback to this pair is they crease so easily, which is a major bummer!
A few tips for buying culottes;
- If you are shorter in height I would recommend going for a narrower leg
- Wearing a heel is also more complementary, especially if you feel you want to disguise some weight
- Opt for a more structured fabric that will show off the shape of culottes
- Avoid tucking in - I found when I tucked inside it wasn't very flattering around the tummy section (see picture !!!)
- Try and find a pair with a centre-pleat - it gives a more tailored, dressy look
- Personally I would avoid patterns as a block colour is more versatile and won't date as quickly