I hope everyone had a good weekend and got through Storm Ophelia ok? My sister-in-law just moved home from New York, so we ended up sorting through her wardrobe. As terrible as the storm was it was an ideal opportunity to get some jobs done! I know many of you used my 'Tips for Organising Your Wardrobe' post which I previously posted. I'm always delighted to hear you find my styling tips helpful. Here is a link.
I sorted my out my own clothes last week. I really feel so much better about my wardrobe when there's less in it! I literally just hang what I wear - everything else is passed (Depop) on or moved into storage (summer clothes). I think it is so much easier to get dressed in the morning when it isn't full of clutter and out of season pieces. It also makes it easier to see where the gaps are, what's working for you and what's not.
I was delighted with all the positive feedback from last weeks post about my favourite bits from COS (click here for link). This week I decided to pick one of my all time favourite labels to concentrate on it. If you follow me on social media you'll know how often I wear their clothes (see some of my pictures below). Although it's a little more pricey than the Highstreet I think the quality defintely matches the price tag. I have some of their pieces for over 5 years and I'm still wearing them today. Below is just some of my favourite pieces from this seasons collection. I hope you like them.
I would love to get your feedback, let me know on Instagram or Facebook if you purchased any of the pieces. xxx
P.s, I don't make any commission from Maje or any affiliate programmes.
1. It took me a good 5 years to decide on a leather jacket. For years I just didn't think I could pull it off (and maybe I can't!!!) but I just fell in love with this one. I loved the simplicity on this style and the quality of the leather, I also felt that it was a good price for a real leather jacket that was going to be a definite wardrobe essential.
2. If I didn't already own a pink jacket I would be so tempted by this. I love everything about it, the shade, the length, the buttons, the collar and the cuffs. It's just perfect. Perhaps I could be tempted in the sale! I love styling pink with greys, blacks and even red!
3. I tried this shirt on when it came into the store with high waisted jeans and loved it. Just yesterday I saw one of my favourite bloggers @thestylebungalow wear it with light blue denims and red pointy kitten heels and it was beautiful. It would also be very cute for under a suit for a more corporate look.
4. I'm always on the look out for nice trousers for clients. I love the combination of wide leg and high waist. They make your legs look really long and make a nice change from the straight leg. A good pair of black trousers are a definite wardrobe essential. If you have a good waist and don't like the shape of your legs these are very flattering.
5. This is what I call my Going Out top, although my nights out are so limited these days! This top is cool styled with my old high-waisted Levis 501's. I'm not crazy about the inside vest that came with it, so I got a cream crop top instead for underneath.
6. The simple black long sleeved jersey body is really handy for styling with all things high-waisted. The low back gives it a lovely dressy feel. It's one of those tops that you'll surprise yourself with how handy it actually is.
7. Maje has the best selection of coats this season. I love the cuffs and collar on this coat. The contrasting buttons are so cute. It's so girly but I want it.
8. I love sweaters, especially velvet sweaters. It has a real feeling of comfort but still looks dressy at the same time. It comes in a green colour too. I want the pink so I can wear it with my grey sweats or white shirt and skinnies at the weekend.
9. I bought this skirt for the night before my cousins wedding in Vancouver and it got so many compliments. See look below. I'm looking forward to wearing it with an oversized black knit and boots this Christmas.